Thursday, April 16, 2009

Soldiering on...

We are under seige by a wretched cold virus that has us alternately feeling just fine and then just crappy...snotting, coughing and raw throats...but today, Nature saw fit to bolster our spirits with a beautiful spring day.

Still, we started off rather sluggishly....a late brunch of my famous oatmeal-banana-chocolate chip pancakes was preceded by a foray into the Lego bucket....


Some dogs-turned-horses....

A weiner-dog-turned-long-backed-horse......we are anti-kit when it comes to Lego here at Chez Leavey...we choose to let our imaginations guide us rather than be dictated to by some preconceived idea of creativity. We also are not very good at following the instructions on aforementioned sets. :)

Our energy levels and moods were boosted by the news that I didn't have to go to work this afternoon after all, so we dragged ourselves into our clothes and harnessed up the dogs for an absolutely wonderfully long walk (upon which I forgot to take the camera which was a trifle irritating because I could have got a really great close-up of a female robin and some lovely purple flowers growing in a little stand of trees). After we returned, Sebastian took his weary self down to watch a few episodes of Blue's Clues and Savannah and I stayed outside to soak up some more of the Sun's healing energy.
Savannah set about tending to the newly-sprouting plants and transplanted a few of the baby maple trees which have sprung up everywhere. Look closely and you can see Slobbers watching from the window.

Then we put our feet up (I say *we* but mine had already been up - I was being very helpful with my suggestions of what she might like to water and what needed moving into the sun). I had some green tea and Savannah had apple juice - icy cold, just how she likes it. And we mused on the poor suckers that had to be at school and at work on such a beautiful day.

We are smug.






1 comment:

  1. Hi Mel
    I hope you are feeling a bit better today. I wanted to remind you that April 17 is the day to celebrate your memories.
    I can't wait to read and see what you will be honouring. Please don't forget to post a link to your blog
    on my Memories party post's comments (www.leafdays.com) so we cann all share your memories with you.
    Best
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

~~Thank you for taking the time to share in our madness...please, if the mood takes you, leave your thoughts here:~~