Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Word-Wednesday.....Roots

Well this turned into a delightful trip down memory lane.....and a lengthy one, hence my tardiness for Word-Wednesday.

I wanted to show a representative sample of what I think of as our 'roots'. Unfortunately I'm limited by a) the purchase of our first digital camera b) the pictures I have stored on this computer and on disc c) space allowed on Blogger....:) But, I did my best and this is what I came up with....

Blencathra...near where my Nanna was born...


My Nanna's brother's and sisters...Uncle Billy - the youngest - is still alive, he's in his early 80's and who both my brother and Sebastian are often likened to...


B and I's wedding....

Family gathering at Savannah's christening...in attendance are both sets of great-grandparents..held again, 'under the tree'.
Fearless...Savannah explores her equine heritage...
Sebastian is present underneath that big bulge in my belly...:) My sis..bulging as well, although a few months behind.

Sebastian's christening....all there still....:) Great-grandpa Leavey had a stroke the next day, frightening everyone (again) but he rallied and is still with us...
Savannah...helping Granda (my dad)
Sebastian...helping Granda
Sebastian...helping Great-granda (Grampsie)....Grampsie is where I got my gardening genes..

Conspicuously absent are photos of my mom - Nanna - who is adept at avoiding the camera's lens....I shall try to track some down...I know there are some somewhere, although she likely wouldn't thank me for launching them into the blogosphere...:)

















































No comments:

Post a Comment

~~Thank you for taking the time to share in our madness...please, if the mood takes you, leave your thoughts here:~~